Lars Johnson joined the firm after a stint in the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General Corps, where he served in both the trial and appellate divisions. As a civil trial lawyer, Mr. Johnson has attained a remarkable record of success. He has earned a reputation as a fierce advocate for his clients. Although he has won nearly $100,000,000 in verdicts and settlements over the years, he is most proud of the fact that he represents the “little guys” - victims and injured people who would not stand a chance without a tough advocate in their corner. Mr. Johnson believes deeply in the civil justice system, and strives every day to get the best possible result for his clients, while always maintaining good ethics and professionalism.
Some of Mr. Johnson’s notable results include:
- A $27,000,000 verdict against a wall form designer and supplier for the death of a young construction worker who was survived by a wife and two young children.
- A $21,000,000 verdict against the manufacturer of a personal watercraft for a teenage girl who was struck by an intoxicated boat driver.
- A $12,500,000 verdict in a landmark HIV case.
- A $4,100,000 verdict in the “Flight of the Phoenix” case (successfully defending the award before the Court of Appeal).
- A $4,000,000 verdict in a hard-fought trial case against Southern California Edison alleging the client was injured by “stray electricity”. The verdict included $3,000,000 in punitive damages.
- A $2,500,000 verdict on behalf of two daughters whose father was struck in killed in a dark road in the middle of the night.
- A $918,000 verdict for a Canadian Olympic runner who suffered a career ending “bone bruise” when struck by an automobile.
Mr. Johnson has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine every year since 2007 and is a three time finalist (2010/2013/2016) for the prestigious “Trial Lawyer of the Year” award given by the Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles.
Mr. Johnson is a member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles and the Consumer Attorneys of California. He is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, a national organization comprised of experienced trial lawyers who are dedicated to civility and preserving the right to a jury trial in civil cases.